Monday, December 26, 2011

Promises of the Prophets fulfilled

 The other day at mission conference, all of the departing missionaries for December and January were asked to give their departing testimonies. I knew what I was ready to declare, and I declared it with fervor and fire in my eyes. I want to briefly recap. I want to tell you all that the promise of a prophet of God, was fulfilled, to ME. Those promises are stated clearly in the mission call. But first, I want to touch on the fulfilment of promises a little way back.. just before the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ.

As Mary and Joseph travail in Bethlehem- trials of all kinds increase their struggle to just but find a place to stay;- yet across the world, the believers of this Savior's birth also struggle, for their very lives. Prophets had told of the signs that would come- the signs that would signify and lead to the Savior's birth..specifically, at this time, night staying day..  but the sign wasn't coming in the timing the people expected, and those who doubted began to become angry.. They became so angry that they plotted to murder those who still believed. My whole mission.. even every day- is just that. Working, and pushing, and praying- and waiting for the fulfillment of the promises of Father to me each day- in a contact, in a lesson, in a baptismal commitment, in a couple choosing to be married or sealed, in an answer to a prayer, a restoration of health or optimism, in seeing others' lives come together, in hoping to be a tool to facilitate those wondrous miracles that are truly accomplished by God's hand alone, through this Savior... but there MUST be a struggle first. There is always a struggle- every doubt, and every test that can be placed in our way to prove us, to see if we still believe in the words of the Almighty God, beyond all visual signs showing us that there is no hope. As Nephi rushed off and prayed desperately to the Father, amidst this barron hopelessness and the potential of his people being killed, he heard these words... These still, sweet, precious words from the voice of the lamb, of the prince of peace, of the Savior of the world... so calming.. so endearing..

 "Lift up your head.." He said,  "and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets." He is My Jesus.. my Savior..My Christ.

I KNOW- I know with every ounce of my being that the words of His prophets are REAL. That sign DID come- the wicked became frustrated, for the sun stayed out all night and REALITY sunk in- the real world, the ultimate world, the ultimate destiny- the whole purpose..  The gospel of Jesus Christ IS THE REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now, let me tell you briefly, the fulfillment of my mission call to me.. I'm not done yet, oh no- I've got time! But I've passed that 18 month mark and in those 18 monthes for sure, every word, every promise WAS fulfilled through that sacred Atonement of Jesus Christ- through that Savior who was promised to come into the world, to SUFFER, and then redeem his people..to redeem me, and let me experience this privilige.. and be in it, and conquer it, and have it.. 

I was called to serve as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I was assigned to labor in the California Santa Rosa Mission. I would serve for a period of 18 (.5) monthes.
I reported to the MTC June 16th, 2010 on Wednesday. 
I was recommended as one worthy to represent the Savior as a minister of the Restored gospel. I was an official representative of the church. As such, I was expected to live the highest standards of conduct and appearance by keeping the commandments, living mission rules, and following the counsel of my loving mission president. My purpose- my VERY purpose IN LIFE- is to INVITE everyone- EVERYONE to the Savior Jesus Christ, by having faith in him- repenting, being baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost- enduring to the end- enduring beyond the end- and inviting them to receive and make EVERY ordinance and every covenant that God has in store for them!!!! That is my purpose hereon and now out, beyond this field!! To educate, inform, share, lift, strengthen, love, empathize and relate and serve and serve and serve- mourn with and be there for, that is why I'm here on this very Earth!!!!

I devoted my time and efforts and attention to serving the Lord, leaving all personal affairs behind, and when they came up I worked with Father In Heaven to resolve them. As I did these things- the Lord blessed me and I experienced GREAT JOY- GREAT BLESSINGS- GREATER HAPPINESS THAN I HAVE EVER KNOWN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!! I was placed in the first Presidency's confidence, that they knew, as God told me aforehand- that I would become an effective missionary. That I WOULD serve a successful mission, as Father in Heaven promised me the day I was set apart- that I HAVE served a successful mission, and that I am serving a successful mission!!!!!!

I have NEVER felt so good, so accomplished- so at peace. And I know it is because I have learned years worth of trinkets, or treasures- I have seen the inside and outsides of situations I could not ever have imagined and I have taken a step, and crumpled- only but a step towards that awful Gethsemane.. and then the Savior healed me.. and rescued me, and rescued the sons and daughters of God RIGHT before my eyes as I but testified. There is nothing greater than this. There is nothing I could possibly want more than that Eternal life to be with my Father in Heaven and Savior- and that has become my greatest desire.. just to get back home with him.. and to invite all willing to come back home too. I would that all of us come back home. That's why I came out here, and that's why I'm here.
 2 Nephi 33:12 "And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day."