Sunday, December 18, 2011

MTC, week one.

"The shining babies (elders) welcomed with joyful beams, which dramatically became the beams of angels (sisters) as well. Blazing sunlight illuminated the faces, as I descent into the other world.. the Planet MTC, which hovers just below Heaven itself, and gazes down upon Earth. The threshold was passed as I became a part of this magnificent symphony of a land, a place of incomprehensible love which no typical mortal man could have any capacity of expressing. They all said 'Hi Sister' so sweetly, nearly every one of them..

And then it happened.

The glorious badge, the token and jewel and diamond in the rough, the symbol of the authority I WAS GIVEN- to invite God's children to be baptized. As it was placed upon me, powerful rays burst out! I grabbed my badge, squinting as the light threatened to burn my eyes, struggling for oxygen amidst its brightness- wondering if my mortal frame and soul were too weak to bear this great calling as an ambassador of the Lord. The angels and babies watched with careful concern, and spiritually held my hand as I thrashed against the brilliant blaze. Alas, I was not the only one thrashing- for three sisters I roomed with, also preparing for Santa Rosa, squirmed a bit also, against the weight of this call setting in. "Shall we live, oh we might die!" we announced.. but the angels and babies who had been here for some time, kept saying "Sunday" Sunday the light would not burn us, for we shall be it, we shall represent it, we shall love it.

Sunday came.. and the babies and angels could be discerned. We awoke, fire bursting from our eyes, and we smiled, and we declared that we loved this sacred planet- the Missionary Training Center, for the greatest stripling warriors had come and came here to prepare.. Incredible desire for this task overcame my intense shock, and resistance. I yearned to love the way those around me did, with the Eternal hope of having the endearing, longsuffering love that the creator of galaxies, of individuals, so intimately has for us!

I could just build a tent and stay here, I don't ever have to leave...

..though I must take these experiences and learning, and bring them to Santa Rosa, California.. where the REAL test begins, where my faith and desire, will determine success.. and success is providing Heavenly Father's story, inviting others to Christ; it is fulfilling every measure and whit of my purpose to being an instrument in opening the gateway to FULL access to the Atonement of Christ, to the Celestial Kingdom.. through repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. It all begins here.. here and now.. the springboard into the Eternities of others, and mine as well."